Filing documents into CM/ECF electronic filing systems requires the following hardware and software:
- A personal computer running a standard platform such as Windows or Mac OS X.
- A PDF-compatible word processor like Corel WordPerfect or Microsoft Word.
- Internet service.
- A web browser. For NextGen CM/ECF, the following browsers have been tested and verified: Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, Google Chrome (Up to v62), Mozilla Firefox (Up to v59), Safari (Up to v11.0.2)
- Software to convert documents from word processor format to portable document format (PDF). Corel WordPerfect and Microsoft Word can convert documents to PDF, or an additional product such as Adobe Acrobat can be used.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is available for free, is needed for viewing PDF documents.
- A document scanner, if litigants need to create PDF images of documents they wish to file using CM/ECF.