All filing agents MUST have their own upgraded non-attorney PACER account. If you have not done so already, register for a Non-Attorney PACER account (link is external) now. Please see the information below for additional information.
FOR ATTORNEYS & TRUSTEES WITH SUBORDINATE ACCOUNTS (LEGAL STAFF AUTHORIZED TO FILE ON YOUR BEHALF)
• A filing agent is a user who can file on behalf of attorneys or trustees and may be linked to multiple attorneys or trustees. Filing agents have the same access and permissions as the attorney or trustee; however, when they use their login and password, the attorney or trustee’s name appears in the docket text as the filer. If a filing agent is linked to multiple attorneys/trustees, the agent will be prompted to select the attorney they are filing documents on behalf of each time they log in to ECF. The filing agent can switch back and forth between attorneys without logging out of ECF.
• Filing agents may receive email notification, but only if the attorney or trustee enters the filing agent's email address in the attorney's CM/ECF Maintain User Account. Attorneys and trustees may deactivate a filing agent at any time.
Filing Agent: Complete these steps
- Request “Filing Agent” access to the Indiana Northern Bankruptcy Court.
- From the PACER.gov (link is external) homepage, login to “Manage My Account”
- Select the “Maintenance” tab
- Select the “Non-Attorney E-file Registration” link
- Select “Filing Agent” as the “Role in Court” when completing the registration form
- Submit the request
- When your E-file request is processed, you will receive a notification from the Court.
- The Attorney or Trustee who you file on behalf of must then complete the steps below.
Attorney or Trustee: Associating your Filing Agent with your CM/ECF Account
(To be completed AFTER Filing Agent completes above steps)
An attorney or trustee must take the following steps in CM/ECF to associate the Filing Agent with the attorney or trustee's CM/ECF account.
***THE FILING AGENT WILL NOT BE ABLE TO FILE UNTIL THE SUPERVISING ATTORNEY COMPLETES THESE STEPS!***
- Click Utilities > Maintain Your ECF Account > More User Information
- In the Find Filing Agent field, enter the last name of the Filing Agent and click the search icon.
- Select Filing Agent.
- Click on the Filing Agent's name once it has been linked, and the Update Filing Agent Permissions box will appear.
- Change Internet Payment to Y.
- Select all of the Groups to which the Filing Agent will have permissions (these are typically the same permissions as the attorney or trustee)
- Click Return to Account Screen.
- Click Submit.
FOR MORE INFORMATION on NextGen, please go to our NextGen page at: https://www.innb.uscourts.gov/nextgen-central-sign