The U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Indiana upgraded its Case Management/Electronic Case Filing system (CM/ECF) to the Next Generation of CM/ECF (NextGen) on June 3, 2019. This upgrade allows electronic filers to use one login and password for e-filing in any NextGen court in which they practice. To become an electronic filer, please review the instructions below.
Register for a CM/ECF Account
- Obtain your own Individual PACER account, if you haven’t already done so.
- You can register for a PACER account by visiting the PACER site here: https://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov/pscof/regWizard.jsf.
- Note: Shared PACER accounts cannot be used to request e-filing privileges.
- If you already have a PACER account, but it was created prior to August 1, 2014, you must upgrade your account before you can electronically file. Upgrade your PACER account here: https://www.pacer.gov/pscof/manage/convert.jsf.
- Once you have an upgraded, Individual PACER account, log in to PACER and click Manage My Account.
- If you are filing as an attorney, select the Attorney Admissions/E-File Registration.
- If you are not filing as an attorney, select the Non-Attorney E-File Registration option for a non-attorney limited use account. Please note, this includes creditors, financial management providers, filing agents, court reporters, and transcribers.
- When your request is complete, the PACER Service Center will send it to the court for verification and processing.
- Once the court has processed your request, you will receive an email notification.
- For further information please visit PACER’s frequently asked questions page here: http://www.pacer.gov/psc/faq.html.
Updating your CM/ECF Account
The information you update through Manage My Account in PACER is automatically sent electronically to each court in which you are admitted or registered for CM/ECF access.
The court no longer requires CM/ECF users complete an online training course prior to receiving access. If you need additional guidance regarding ECF, please look at the resources provided here: https://www.innb.uscourts.gov/electronic-case-filing-ecf
Questions or Concerns: