• Please note, bankruptcy staff are prohibited by law from answering legal questions.

  • Determine under which bankruptcy code chapter (7, 11, 12, 13) you will be filing.

  • Determine the fee related to your filing and how you will be paying. The court will not accept a debtor's personal check or credit card.

  • You must provide a creditor matrix that includes all creditor's names and addresses.

  • If you would like a file marked copy of your bankruptcy petition, please provide an extra copy when filing. If you have mailed in the documents, you must provide a self-addressed stamped envelope in order to receive a copy of the filing.

  • If you are a corporation filing for bankruptcy, you must be represented by an attorney (Local Rule B-9010-1).

Fort Wayne Clerk's Office
     (260) 420-5100
Hammond Clerk's Office
     (219) 852-3480
Lafayette Clerk's Office
     (765) 420-6300
South Bend Clerk's Office
     (574) 968-2100

Fort Wayne -
Hammond -
Lafayette -
South Bend -

After Hours
Emergency Matters
(574) 968-BANK
South Bend Office Fort Wayne Office Lafayette Office Hammond Office
Disclaimer for External Links:This site contains links to relevant information on websites maintained by other organizations. Providing these external links is for the convenience of this site's users and does not constitute verification or endorsement of the information or the site to which the links are provided.